Grandma Chase Patient Care Manikin
Product No: AA-8500
Includes sweat suit and interchangeable genitalia in carrying case.
- Patient Transfer/Handling: Trains for changing occupied beds, changing patients' clothing, positioning in chairs and wheelchairs, transfer from bed to chair, assisting patients to bedside commode, assisted bedpan use, and prepping and positioning a patient for surgery.
- Patient Hygiene: Trains for bed baths, flossing and brushing teeth, decubitus ulcer care, washing and combing hair, shaving, and fingernail care.
- Other Applications: Trains for bandaging fingers and toes, administering liquid feedings, catheter insertion, and ostomy care.
- Head and Hair: The neck is flexible. The grey hair can be shampooed and combed.
- Nose and Mouth: Either may be used for stomach tube insertion. Teeth may be flossed and brushed.
- Eyes and Ears: One ear accepts a hearing aid. Ears can be cleaned with dry cloth or cotton swab. Both eyes may be irrigated with eye drops and are removable.
- Male and Female Genitalia: Both are provided and held in place with Velcro. Catheterization or a vaginal douche may be simulated without passing fluid. Perineal care may be practiced.
- Joints: Manikin bends at the elbow, knee, shoulder, and hip.
- Decubitus Ulcer: A foam decubitis ulcer is included and may be placed anywhere on the manikin to simulate a bed sore.
- Other Features: Grandma Chase also comes with a tracheostomy, a rectum that accepts rectal thermometers or water enemas, and an ostomy stoma.
Walker is not included and manikin cannot stand without support from personnel.